Portable Appliance Testing solutions made simple: no add-ons, no long term contracts, no hidden extras – no fuss.
Please Note – PAT pricing is bespoke, so please call: 07855 306811 or e-mail email@example.com for price enquiries.
Did you know that 25% of electrical accidents involve hand-held and portable appliances?
What is PAT Testing?
The Official title is the “In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.” Its often referred to as Portable Appliance Testing or PAT Testing for short.
- It is the inspection and testing of appliances and equipment used in the workplace that derives its power by a plug or has a flex going into a spur in the wall or floor (hard wired). The visual and electrical inspection is carried out and the item is either passed or failed in accordance with the current electrical and health & safety regulations. The work enviroment and how appliances are used in any given situation are also considered during the inspection. Recommendations are then given to assist with compliance if required. The inspection results will be collated and produced for you in a report, along with the certification for your records.
- Other items for inspection are 110v equipment such as site tools using a yellow “commando plug” and 415v (3-Phase) Equipment.
- Microwave Oven have an emissions test carried out in addition to the electrical inspection to ensure no microwave are leaking that could result in harm to an individual or the surrounding environment.
- In addition to the inspection there are options for the RCD testing to be carried out at the same time as the PAT Testing. Another consideration is the Emergency light testing if applicable.
- They all fall within the regulations set by the IEE. Please see the regulations page for more information.
Q: How long does it take?
A: The inspection process varies depending on the premises. A rough guide – A small-medium sized office of 300 appliances would take an engineer one full day. A larger office set up, 4 floors with 3000 tests would take 3 engineers approx. 5 days.
Q: We use sensitive equipment, how does that affect the inspection?
A: The equipment we use has a soft test function which will not damage any sensitive equipment. If in doubt we can just carry out a visual inspection only in accordance with the IEE guidelines.
Q: What happens if an item fails?
A: NSSESS now carry out free minor repairs to get an appliance through the inspection if needed. Any items that don’t pass due to the current regulations will be identifed and solution put in place for you.
Q: What do I get to show the PAT Testing has been done?
A: We will issue a certificate along with a appliance log for your records. Each item will have a unique asset number and will be labelled.
Booking your PAT Testing couldn’t be easier, click here to contact us and a member of our dedicated team will be pleased to help.